Dear Greater Buffalo Families!
It is the moment we’ve all been waiting for; it is now time to get back in the gym! New York State guidelines have cleared gymnastics to re-open on July 6 and we can’t wait! Below are the details you’ll want to know in order to get registered and be prepared as we make our way back into the gym as safely as possible.
- You received an email and attached to that is an abbreviated version of our re-opening plan which summarizes all key areas and changes. Masks are required for everyone coming in the building, there is a wellness check station at the front door, and everyone will be exiting out of side doors, just to name a few. Things will be a little different and we are confident the updated measures we’ve put in place will make Greater Buffalo as safe as possible for all staff, students,and families. Please take the time to read over these new measures, explain them to your children, and reach out to us with any questions!
- All registrations for our students have moved 100% online through our Customer Portal.Login using your email address and password to our secure site and proceed to register your child(ren) for the correct class or boys/girls’ team level.
For our class participants:
- Our Classes this summer are structured as a7-week session for one flat fee. We’re very excited that all of our classes will remain one hour in length, one day a week with dedicated cleaning time set aside between groups so that cleaning time will not impact your child’s class time at all!
- When youaccess your account through the portal, you’ll notice a credit. Since things didn’t work out quite as we planned with our return to the gym, in lieu of being able to make up the remainder of March classes, your account has been credited for half the month we unfortunately missed (where applicable). That credit can be applied to your summer classes when you sign up now. Returning to gymnastics in the fall? No problem, that credit will be waiting for you then!
For our team participants:
- Our team families received a list of items eachteam member is required to bring to the gym in their team backpack, to each workout. Backpacks will travel with him/her for the duration of the workout.
- Any remaining credits on your account will be applied and used before a credit card is charged.
- Girls Team: Please register for the level you were during the 2019-2020 competitive season. We are registering like this for groupsize and number purposes; we will be making no decisions on ‘levels’ until we start thinking about fall.
- BoysTeam: If you received a call about a change to your workout group, please register with that group. If you did not, please register for the level you were during the 2019-2020 season.
- Lastly, because, safety first– we will all start off with abbreviated workouts, ramping up week after week to avoid injury and also as recommended by USA Gymnastics. For example, if you child’s level is scheduled for a 3-hour workout, your gymnast might only come in for an hour the first week or two. Then add an hour the following week, then another hour the week after that, thus building up to the full 3-hour workout over time. Tuition will not change and our coaches will be heavily monitoring all gymnasts progress to help ensure the prevention of injuries as well as everyone’s safety and well-being. Please be on the lookout for a follow-up email with your child’s ‘ramp up’ schedule in the next day or so
All next week the phone lines will be open from 10:00am – 1:00pm and from 2:00pm – 5:00pm Monday-Friday so please feel free to call us with any questions or for any assistance with the customer portal. For administrative and staffing purposes we need to have all competitive team gymnasts enrolled through the portal by Tuesday, June 30.
Our instructors, coaches, and staff all wish to thank you very much for your patience and understanding during the past few months. It has been challenging and we have greatly missed working with our students in the gym. We now invite you to head to the customer portal and get registered!